Based in Vienna, Austria
September 26, 2017
Steam Early Access
|14.99 USD (Early Access)|
MarZ Rising is a tactical base defense game which lets players discover a completely new gameplay experience of the tower defense genre. The game combines base building, resource management, micromanagement and base defense within a thrilling single player campaign. The story takes place in 2065 when Humanity prepares itself for the colonization of Mars. The early history of the red planet, however, holds some mysterious surprises. There is already life on Mars – (un)dead life. The player guides his crew through a breathtaking campaign to solve the mystery of the undead. Tactical base building and clever resource management are the key to defend against hordes of zombies. It is up to the player to make quick and clear decisions, to defend the base and to limit the spread of these creatures. This is the only way for him and his crew to get through the mission safely.
MarZ Rising the debut game of doorfortyfour is under development since December 2014. Our vision was to develop a classic old school PC game with a single player campaign, players can fall into and forget about the world around. The artistic goal was to create an atmospheric world, which captures the players imagination. As world we have chosen planet Mars due to its wide and untouched landscapes and decided working with semi-real, none-toony 3D graphics to cause a deepened and unrestricted game experience. In combination with a compelling story and stirring music this setting perfectly fitted to our idea of a Real Time Tower Defense. Developing MarZ Rising was a long process while adding features, testing and often eliminate parts of them again. Since we didn't want to make just another TD game, it meant to study known mechanics first to reinvent them afterwards. We noticed quickly that this game will be characterized by twisting tried and tested game mechanics to new ones. We wanted to create a never seen before, but intuitive gameplay experience, which should also fascinate advanced players. In our opinion we managed to add a new layer of depth to the Tower Defense genre, players will hopefully love to discover.Early Access
Since MarZ Rising was released on Steam Early Access September 26, 2017, we're continuously improving the game. We already published several extensive updates, also documented on Steam and our blog. We were focusing on finishing the campaign first, but we can now already announce that we are working on a skirmish mode including procedural generated levels combinded with a terraforming tool called "Marsform" to generate individual maps.
- New and challenging mix of gameplay mechanics (TD/RTS)
- Thrilling single player campaign with 20 unique levels
- Exciting story with 2 alternative ends
- Three difficulty levels + perk system
- Impressive graphics and overwhelming Mars landscapes
- Planned > Skirmish mode including procedural generated levels
- Planned > "Marsform" terraforming level generator
- Genre: Base Defense, Sci Fi
- Platform: PC
Early Access Trailer (Sep2017) YouTube
Teaser (Aug2017) YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "You’ve heard of moon Nazis? Now hear about Mars Soviets"
- Preview, November 2017, Hooked Gamers
- "Roter, untoter Planet"
- Preview, October 2017, Radio Fm4
- "MarZ Rising – Preview"
- Preview, October 2017, 3rd Strike
- "Let’s Review…Marz Rising"
- Preview, September 2017, Early Access Gaming
- "MarZ Rising – PC (P)Review"
- Preview, September 2017, The Drastik Measure
- "Wiener Zombies starten Early Access"
- Preview, September 2017, Games24 (OE24)
- "MarZ Rising, Survival-RTS enters Early Access on September 26th"
- News, September 2017, One Angry Gamer
- "Gamescom 2017 Roundup, Part One"
- News, September 2017, Indie Games
- "Gamescom 2017: Tower Defense done different"
- Preview, August 2017, Hooked Gamers
- "MarZ Rising enters Early Access this Fall"
- News, August 2017, One Angry Gamer
- "MarZ Rising: Die Mars Zombies aus Wien"
- Interview, August 2017, Games24 (OE24)
- "MarZ Rising [Angespielt]"
- Preview, August 2016, VGphile
Request Press Copy
Use this link below to request a press copy and we'll get back to you as soon as a key is available.
MarZ Rising news on doorfortyfour.com.
MarZ Rising on indiedb.com.
MarZ Rising on facebook.com.
doorfortyfour is a viennese indie game studio which aims to create high quality PC Games. The focus of the development are strategy- and management games, which are characterized by unique graphics and creative game design. After years of practice in the AAA games industry, doorfortyfour strives for a highly productive development as a small but experienced team, realizing III games that are polished to the last detail.
More information on doorfortyfour, our logo & relevant media are available here.
MarZ Rising Credits
Marc Egli - doorfortyfour
Development Lead, Programmer, 3D Artist
Miriam Egli - doorfortyfour
Creative Lead, Game Designer, UI/UX Designer, 2D Artist, PR+Marketing